Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Than A Housewife

Vicki has always been my favorite housewife AND she's the only one that has been on since the original season! And after reading the book I can see why. Although you may find Vicki loud and annoying at times she is obviously the most real out of any of the cast members. As I believe she pointed out this season, she's the only one who isn't hurting financially. She has a job. Her home isn't in foreclosure. She works hard and her family seems to appreciate her. Her kids don't walk all over her like Lynne's! This season we saw Vicki and Donn rekindle their relationship. And if you read the book you will have a new appreciation for not only Vicki but Donn as well.

The book is divided into 4 basic parts: her life growing up, starting her business, advice on starting a business, and her role on RHOC. She also has a Q&A section near the end which was taken from her Facebook page but is redundant since she's already answered all the questions by that point. It's all very interesting. She talks a lot about how she got into the insurance business after getting a divorce from her first husband then moving to California with Donn. She's an inspiration and you can see how driven she is on the show but she says you get 10 mins of her per episode so you're not really getting the full Vicki. She doesn't talk extensively about the show but says she's learned a lot (like how she treated Donn) and explains how and why. Again, it's reality tv and creative editing accounts for much of what we see. I don't want to give too much away...you can skip or skim over her parts on the insurance business unless you are looking to start a business of any kind. The advice seemed good and she obviously knows what she's doing or wouldn't be so successful.

You can visit the website for the book here.

Out of 5 stars I'd give it 4 stars!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started watching RHOC, so I am way behind the times. However, in the few weeks that I have been watching, Vicki has become my favorite; she seems to be the most "mature" of the current bunch of ladies. So, I had no idea that she had a book out there. I am glad to hear that it is a worthy read; I will have to go get me a copy. Thanks :-)

What Kate Wore said...

This is high praise Miss a.!
tp